So as I said in the summary, no update from Tom as yet however Jamie McGuiness has simply said;
"We are at 7650m, was a tough climb. Windy but good for tomorrow. (luigi lives, saved by tibetan rescue team)."
That's it, thanks Jamie for the informative update.
I have also found some more info on Alan Arnette's blog that makes an interesting read. Sadly it would appear there have been 10 fatalities to date this climbing season and at least 2 of these have been on the North side where Tom and team are climbing. The following was taken from Alan Arnette's blog; http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/category/everest-2012/
10 Confirmed deaths
- 40 year-old Karsang Namgyal Sherpa climbing with Prestige Adventures related to alcohol at base camp
- Peak Freaks’ Namgyal Tshering Sherpa fell from a ladder into a crevasse near C1
- Dawa Tenzing with Himex from stroke in the Khumbu Icefall and died in Kathmandu
- 33 year-old Indian, Ramesh Gulve, climbing with the Pune team suffered a stroke around Camp2 and died back in India.
- Dr Ebehard Schaaf with Asian Trekking of HACE near South Summit after his summit
- Shriya Shah, a Canadian Non-Resident Nepali climbing with Utmost Adventures died below the Balcony after her summit
- Won-Bin Song from South Korea climbing with the Korean Everest & Lhotse Expedition died after a fall at the Hillary Step and then at the Balcony after his summit
- Chinese climber, Ha Wenyi climbing with Mountain Experience died just below the Balcony
- Climbing with Himalayan Guides, Spaniard from Tenerife, age 43, Juan José Polodied of exhaustion after his summit on May 19 or 20 after his summit
- Climbing with Monterosa, a German climber, Ralf D. Arnold, broke his leg at the 2nd step and has died after his summit
69 year old Italian Luigi Rampini, climbing on a Monterosa permit and logistics, spent 4 nights at 8300 meters without oxygen. He refused to descend a few days ago but was rescued per this report He was attempting the summit.
So my best guess from the information I have managed to piece together is that Tom and Jamie and team will push for the summit on the 25th or 26th. If it is the 25th then they should be well under way and summit some time today around midday. Godspeed to all!